Archer® TX Overview
Welcome to the
Piper Archer® TX
The perfect combination of durability, reliability, comfort and technology – the Archer® TX is the ideal training platform. Students, instructors and passengers alike will welcome the one-of-a-kind 180 HP Archer® TX with the Garmin G1000 NXi cockpit, and flight school owners will be delighted with the purchase and operating costs of this iconic trainer.Download Brochure
- Standard Features
- GARMIN G1000 NXi AVIONICS SUITE
- Single 10.4” GDU 1050 PFD
- Single 10.4” GDU 1050 MFD
- Garmin Flite Charts
- Garmin SafeTaxi
- GMA 1360 Digital Audio Panel
- GTX 345R Transponder (ADS-B IN & OUT)
- Garmin G5 Standby
- Other Equipment
- LED Wing Tip Recognition & Tail Strobe Lights
- Overhead Air Distribution Blower Fan
- USB Charging Ports
- Cockpit Stowage Pouches
- CO Detector
- School Colors Scheme with Two Vinyl Trim Colors and Logo
- Enhanced AFCS Enablement
- Jeppesen ChartView
- SVT – Garmin Synthetic Vision
- TAWS-B (Terrain Awareness and Warning System)
- Flight Stream 510 with Connext
- GTS 800 Traffic Advisory System
- GFC 700 Autopilot
- GDL 69A SXM Satellite Radio / Weather
- FlightCom – Rear Seat PPT
- BendixKing KR 87 ADF
- BendixKing KN 63 DME
- GDL 59 WiFi Data Link
- Vision 1000 (Appareo flight monitoring system)
- Safe Flight Angle of Attack (AOA) System
- Wet Compass
- PiperAire Air Conditioning
- Vinyl Floor Covering (Exchanged for standard carpet)
- United Kingdom Lighting Package
- AmSafe Seatbelt – Pilot and Co-Pilot Positions
- Hot Weather Kit
- Fuel Return – Fuel Injected Engine Only
- Mag Booster – (Surestart)
- Second Oil Cooler & CHT’s – Fuel Injected Engine Only
- Cargo Net
Safety is Piper’s foremost priority as illustrated by the extraordinary safety features available across the Piper product line, and trainers are no exception. The Archer® TX is designed specifically for efficient, comfortable and safe single-engine flight training. The LX is outfitted with the latest Garmin G1000® NXi avionics and the most thoughtful, intuitive and inspired engineering in the general aviation industry.
Optional Enhanced Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS – additional equipment required)
- Electronic Stability Protection (ESP): Keeping you safe in stable flight when flying your Archer® TX, the ESP system functions independently of the GFC700 autopilot and applies control force toward stable flight whenever pitch or roll deviations exceed recommend limits, or when overspeed or underspeed conditions are about to occur. ESP will also automatically engage the GFC700 autopilot if exceedences are sustained too long.
- Automatic Level Mode (Blue Button): If you ever find yourself experiencing spatial disorientation in your Archer® TX, just push the blue Automatic Level Mode button and the GFC700 autopilot will engage and return your aircraft to straight-and-level flight.
- Underspeed Protection (USP): Your Archer® TX will recognize when underspeed conditions are about to cause an inadvertent stall and make the appropriate adjustments to the controls to rectify the situation.
- Coupled Go-Around: Your workload is simplified when flying approaches and conducting a go-around in your Archer® TX because you can keep the autopilot engaged during a coupled go-around and the aircraft will maintain a speed above stall warning, automatically adjusting pitch attitude as required.
Piper’s engineering and design teams lead the industry in designing aircraft for the owner-flown class of aircraft. Ergonomic controls, seats built for comfort, avionics placement and design, coupled with built-in durability and components chosen for reliability. Your students and instructors will appreciate the quality design and care in their Archer®.
The Cabin Above Class
The Archer TX interior is ready for high flight hours while still providing maximum comfort and durability. The Archer TX interior is specifically designed for the training environment. Creature comforts abound with high-end carpet and interior appointments, power plugs, lighting controls, and seat controls for each passenger.