VERO BEACH, Fla: March 11, 2020 – At Piper Aircraft, Inc., the health and safety of our employees, their families, as well as our customers and partners, is of primary concern, as such we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely. As a global organization we are following the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are relying on their scientifically grounded expertise — in combination with other reliable sources — to help guide our own decisions about minimizing the exposure to COVID-19 among our staff and partners. We are practicing caution and preparedness in these ways:
- Encouraging Piper staff to review and follow the recommendations of the CDC for everyday precautions that help reduce the spread of diseases
- Taking additional environmental cleaning precautions in our offices and at events
- Asking Piper employees to stay home if they are feeling unwell and/or have a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath
- Limiting nonessential business travel within the U.S. and Canada. Any such travel must be approved by an Executive team member
- Requiring that Piper employees who have recently traveled abroad to any of the areas currently listed by the CDC as level 2 or level 3 areas to self-quarantine for 14 days, contact a medical professional, and follow the medical professional’s instructions
- Suspending all business travel outside the U.S. and Canada unless approved by the President / CEO
- Suspending all public tours until further notice
As a global aircraft manufacturer, we will abide by locally imposed policies while continuing to seamlessly support our customers’ and our dealer partners’ business operations.
We will keep you informed of any changes to our approach as more information becomes available, and will also post updates to our website.